“Grab-and-Go” bags of food are being offered Monday thru Friday, through April 3rd (including over spring break) at the following times and locations. These are available for all school age children.
Pick up is in the school parking lot. This effort is supported by Blessings in a Backpack and numerous community sponsors.
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- DC Everest Middle School
- DC Everest Senior High
- Evergreen Elementary
- Hatley Elementary
- Rothschild Elementary
- Weston Elementary
11:00 – 11:20 am
- GD Jones Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary
- Lincoln Elementary
- Riverview Elementary
- Horace Mann
- Wausau West High
12:05 – 12:30 pm
- Hawthorn Hills Elementary
Wausau School District will also provide free meals to all children 18 and under. Families will be able to drive-thru or walk up to the white, Wausau School District truck to receive their grab-n-go meals on the dates, times, and locations below:
DATES: March 23, 24, 25, 26, 27; March 30, 31; and April 1, 2, 3
11:00 – 11:20 am
- GD Jones Elementary School: 1018 South 12th Avenue, Parking Lot (Bus drop off area)
- Horace Mann Middle School: 3101 North 13th Avenue, Parking Lot (Bus drop off area
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary School: 500 W. Randolph Street, Parking Lot (Bus drop off area)
11:30 – 11:50 am
- Lincoln Elementary School: 720 South 6th Avenue, Parking Lot (Parent drop off Area)
- Riverview Elementary School: 4303 Troy Street, Parking Lot (Bus drop off area)
- Wausau West High School: 1200 W. Wausau Avenue, (Student Parking Lot)
12:00 Noon – 12:30
- Hawthorn Hills Elementary School: 1600 Kickbusch Street, (Parking lot)
Children will receive grab-n-go meals PLUS breakfast for the next day. Families are strongly encouraged to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the pickup locations and to wash your hands often, sneeze or cough into a tissue, and stay home if you are sick. Meals will be available while supplies last. If you are unable to pick up food at these locations or if you require a special dietary meal, please call School Nutrition Services at 715-261-0806.
The Boys and Girls Club of Wausau, located at 1710 N Second St: Free daily pick-up meal service, 4:30-5:30 pm, Mon-Fri.
Urban Street Bistro is offering a free meal for elementary students, once a week. Please see their Facebook page for details.
Take-out Dining: The Wausau Area Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of local restaurants serving take out or drive-up food during this time.
Follow the Boys & Girls Club of Wausau on Facebook for daily activities and fitness ideas to keep your family busy and active.
For more information about childcare for health care and essential workers, please visit this link on the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families website.