Thanksgiving is an exciting time of the year but it can be a challenging time for those struggling financially to provide an enjoyable Thanksgiving for their families. United Way’s 2-1-1 can help connect those in need to local Thanksgiving resources that can help.
For Thanksgiving Meals (some resources may offer meal delivery):
- The Salvation Army Lunch Program, 202 Callon St., Wausau, 715-845-4272
- Dine in hours: November 21, 2018 at 11:30am – 12:30pm
- First Presbyterian Church, 406 Grant St., Wausau, 715-302-2832
- Dine in hours: November 22, 2018 at 1pm
- Saint Mary School, 716 Market S., Marathon City, 715-443-3124
- Dine in hours: November 22, 2018 at 11am – 1pm
Meal delivery available in Marathon City only. Call November 8 – 22 for reservations. Calls accepted until 12:30pm on November 22.
For additional holiday resources or individuals interested in volunteering their time during the Thanksgiving holiday, pick up the latest copy of the Holiday Give and Get Help Guide at United Way of Marathon County, or dial 2-1-1 to speak with an Information Specialist, 24/7. You can now also reach an Information Specialist by texting your zip code to 898211 Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm, by chat Monday – Friday 8am – noon at www.unitedwaymc.org/get-help or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To search the online database or view publications, go to www.unitedwaymc.org/get-help.